12.08.2007

The Tale of the Christmas Stockings

So, I LOVE Christmas. I don't know what our parents did special to make Christmas such a wonderful and magical time for us three kids, but we all love it equally. We found out a few years ago that our then 18 year old brother could quote a poem that was on the advent calendar my mom had cross stitched and we had hung every year for Christmas. My sister still gets teary eyed when someone mentions, "believe" this time of year. Are you starting to get a picture here? We LOVE the Christmas our parents created for us--it was magical! One of the things we loved were the Christmas stockings our Mom made for each of us. They were each unique and we would dance around them with Christmas music playing and talk about who's was the best. This is serious people, no joke. I think since the day Byron and I got married, I've been thinking about the Christmas I would like to create for our family and the special stockings I would like to make. This year it finally happened. I created the patterns, I bought the fabric, I embroidered the names...they are complete! I know they're not as great as some that could be bought, but I just hope our kids know how much thought and love went into each of their stockings and I hope some of the magic of the season has started to sprout in our home! Merry Christmas!




10 comments:

Ashley said...

Kristi! These are fabulous! I particuarly like Byron's tree! You are so creative! You did a great job. I'm sure you're kids will dance around with their stockings too. Merry Christmas to you!

Ashley said...

One more thing...I noticed yours is the longest. Just like mom's when we were growing up. :-)

Blackner Family said...

Wow impressive!! Those are so gorgeous!!

Kristi said...

Thanks Mikelle!

Proud gamma said...

I'm so glad that you finished them in record time. They are beautiful and I know that the love that went into them will be felt by those for whom you made them. Only three so far, but I know you have plans for more--kids and stockings.

Tiffany Kadani said...

I have fond memories of your apartment in Provo and how you COMPLETELY decked out with Christmas trimmings. We're talking every doorknob, mirror, light fixture, and negative space was FILLED with Christmas decorations. I've always been impressed with that. Even if Byron thought you were crazy (I mean endearing!)

Kristi said...

:)

Jill said...

Those stockings are amazing! You've made me want to start that tradition in my home.

Kristi said...

Thanks Jill! I thought all your cookies were AMAZING!

Unknown said...

Kristi,
I made my own stockings, too, and really thought they looked fabulous...until yours put mine to shame! I love them. They truly look magical.