9.14.2008

Capellini Caprese

Prep Time:10 min
Total Time:25 min
Makes:4 servings, 1-1/2 cups each

What You Need
1/2 lb. capellini or spaghetti, uncooked
1/2 cup KRAFT Tuscan House Italian Dressing and Marinade
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 cup fresh basil, finely sliced
Make It
COOK pasta as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add tomatoes; cook 5 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta. Add to tomato mixture; mix lightly. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

I made this for the first time last night and Byron and I had a race to the leftovers. To make it more of a main dish I marinated chicken with the dressing and baked it in the oven, although, if we had a grill, I'd grill the meat for sure.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

I am going to try that!!