3.06.2008

Cookies with Two Year Olds...Take 2

I invited my friend Christine and her little girl Jordan over to make some cut out Easter cookies. In my estimation, Christine makes the best cut out sugar cookies ever and I wanted to learn from the master. I thought the kids would have fun helping us, and did they ever. They helped us flour EVERYTHING GENEROUSLY and also helped eat HALF OF THE COOKIE DOUGH while Christine and I were furiously trying to ward off the toddler onslaught and get some cookies on a sheet before they were all eaten. We were semi-successful.
The kids were getting so messy with the flour that we all put on aprons. Here's Connor's little diddy....
and Jordan's.
By the end we stripped them of their clothes, washed them off in the kitchen sink and banned them to the front room while Christine and I furiously cleaned up the bomb of flour that had exploded. They seemed to enjoy some Cheerios and Curious George.
Isn't the life of a 2 year old great?

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Too, too funny!

Blackner Family said...

So cute! Your such a great mom!!

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love it! I hope I have your patience when I have kids. What a fun memory.

Jami & Boys said...

and the cookies were a success. yum yum, thanks for sharing the goods! keep up the good work, girls and keep sending the cookies our way!

John and Laura said...

You're a very brave mom to attempt sugar cookies with kids. I still hesitate to make them with my 5yo, and even then, I do it in shifts--one child at a time--to keep the mess down. They sure love it, though, I should brave it more often. Ü

Randy said...

How lucky are those two 2-year olds. Connor couldn't have a better mother :-)

Geoff and Janene said...

I love the banishment in diapers!! I love making cookies with the kids...just as long as I have all the time in the world and I don't care that my kitchen and myself will be a complete mess.

It's Been a Day! said...

I'm always finding myself running around without clothes on after I bake!! So liberating.