3.31.2008

The Easter Bunny Done Good






Have I mentioned lately that Connor is into trucks? He is BIG TIME. So we were at the grocery store a few weeks before Easter and we were doing our usual "look at the toy aisle before we check-out." When it was time to go, Connor wanted to take a car along with him, and I told him we weren't buying anything today, and then I had a stroke of brilliance. I remembered the Easter Bunny had informed me that she had already bought 2 penny racer cars for Connor's Easter basket so I confidently told Connor that the Easter Bunny would bring him some new cars and trucks for Easter. Well, that took care of that moment but every day for the next 2 weeks Connor woke up in the morning and from his nap asking for his new trucks from the Easter Bunny. He was even convinced that they were under his crib. Okay. I still thought the Easter Bunny was all set until we made a trip to Target the Friday before Easter. Connor was having a great time looking at the all the cars and trucks. He spotted a tool box type box with different construction trucks and figures in it and he excitedly showed me and was exclaiming that THIS was what the Easter Bunny was going to bring him. I was trying to dissuade him but he was confident, this was it and he couldn't wait for Sunday morning. I still thought he would forget about it (now why in the world did I let myself think that?), but the next morning he woke up talking about those specific trucks and the Easter Bunny. Well bless the Easter Bunny's heart, she went out to Target that day and got those trucks. The pictures tell the rest. It was a good day.:)

6 comments:

Geoff and Janene said...

He is soooo cute! It's well worth it to see that pure joy! Just wait until he tells you that the Easter Bunny is bringing him an ipod. :) Just kidding. :)

Greg and Tammy said...

I'm so glad the Easter bunny could make that trip to Target, because your little guys sure seems pumped about it. :)

Ashley said...

Great post. I'm glad the moment was so well documented. ;-) He's so cute, especially the picture of him squatting to look at his trucks. I love that one!

Blackner Family said...

I love his innocence in it all!! I'm with Janene so worth it since he was so excited!!

Jami & Boys said...

it's amazing how easter bunnies and santa's just know those kinds of things. i'm glad he had a great day!

John and Laura said...

What a cutie! And what a smart kid, too!