4.12.2010

Crispy Ginger-Lime Chicken

{from Martha Stewart Everyday Food}
1 TB finely grated peeled fresh ginger (I used 1 tsp ground ginger)
1 TB fresh lime juice (I used bottled lime juice)
2 tsp curry powder
4 scallions, minced (I used red onion)
coarse salt and ground pepper
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1. Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a small bowl, combine ginger, lime juice, curry powder, scallions, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.
2. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet; Gently loosen skin from each piece of chicken. Dividing evenly, rub ginger mixture under skin.
3. Turn thighs, skin side down, on baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes. Flip thighs, skin side up, and continue to broil until skin is crisp and when cut juices run clear, 6-8 minutes more. Serve chicken drizzled with pan juices.
Note: I followed the recipe's broiling instructions and my chicken wasn't finished cooking by the end but my skin was starting to blacken. Next time I think I'll bake the chicken at a high temp first and then finish it off under the broiler with the chicken skin side up to crisp up the skin. This dinner was soooooo delicious through, yum. :)

No comments: